7 March 2017

Turn and Face the Strange

It’s been awhile since I have written frequent new entries to this blog, largely due to being busy in my new role at LFHC, and the minor incident leaving me with one hand incapacitated, but also because I’ve decided I want to change up how the blog is currently being used.

I've stated before that this blog was started purely as a way to relay stories of my travels to friends, family and those who donated towards my fundraising campaign. This blog will still be doing that but with a much more personal take to it.

Regardless of the content itself, it will never be impactful if it is only ever written haphazardly. In all of my writing I have always been very matter of fact, which, admittedly, doesn’t always make for compelling reading.
Creativity has always been something I have struggled with, possibly a result of too many video games and TV during my formative years.

On a number of occasions, I have relied on my photography to help guide the reader through my posts, allowing me to be a little lazy with the story telling. However, I now plan on ("plan" being the key-word) investing more time into my writing so I can create something that I am proud of. 

This does not mean that I wish to paint a false reality of life, something which social media allows us to do so easily. On the contrary, I want the blog to be even more honest and earnest.
I want to be able to look back at this blog in years to come not just to reminisce about the past (which may help with my memory problems) but to also understand my thoughts and feelings at the time, and to selfishly track my writing skills.

It will probably begin with a rocky start as I experiment with different writing styles, but like George Bernard Shaw once said, "Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

(See, already an over one-hundred-year-old thought-provoking quote, a staple to any half-decent tryhard blog).

Luke T.

Related Articles

2 comments :

  1. I can't wait to see what you end up writing and what you end up doing with this space. :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Instagram