1 October 2016

Returning to Luang Prabang

In my previous blogs I have written about my affinity towards Luang Prabang, but when something becomes part of your daily life, you begin to fail to appreciate the beauty and atmosphere you are surrounded by and start to take it all for granted.
Travelling around other areas of South East Asia, namely Vietnam and Cambodia, I came back to Luang Prabang with a new found appreciation of its uniqueness. I had missed it’s picturesque, mountainous backdrop, the laid-back, friendly attitude of the people and the peacefulness. When I first left Luang Prabang, the best word I could find to describe it was serene and it truly is. Luang Prabang is in its own little bubble of tranquillity. 
Having time off work gave me an opportunity to show off Luang Prabang’s beauty to Liz and allowed me to explore more of Luang Prabang at a pace where I was not simply trying to get from point A to point B. In an attempt to ensure that I never take for granted the special nature of where I am living I have taken a leaf out of Buddhist teachings (something which has been having a large impact on my life recently), by cycling around the city at night time, in an attempt to be aware of the present moment rather than worrying about things that are out of my control.

In the words of Novice Sisamone, "Don’t believe, just be”.

Luke T.

Related Articles

1 comment :

  1. you literally forgot the most important part about returning to LPB. rude.

    also, don't worry i clicked on like twenty adverts.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Instagram