27 May 2016

Music That's Keeping Me Going #1

There has been some truly incredible music coming out lately, here are six albums that have been keeping me going.

Radiohead - 'A Moon Shaped Pool' & 'I Might Be Wrong'
After initially enjoying both singles 'Burn the Witch' and 'Daydreaming' I wasn't too sure on Radioheads's new album after the first listen. However, once I had the opportunity to sit down and actually listen to the album it's brilliance truly shines through. Radiohead has the ability to constantly change with each album, bringing in new elements each time (this time being orchestral sounds), while consistently producing quality records. This also led me to stumbling over their extraordinary live album, 'I Might Be Wrong', another album I have had constantly on repeat.
Favourite Songs: 'Ful Stop', 'Identikit'


Chance the Rapper - 'Coloring Book'
I have been a fan of Chance The Rapper since the first time I heard 'Good Ass Intro' from his 2013 Mixtape 'Acid Rap'. Since then I have enjoyed everything he has put out, especially his work on the Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment album 'Surf'. 'Coloring Book' is a stellar example of his creativity and his ability to push the boundaries of the rap/R&B music scene.
Favourite Songs: 'All Night', 'No Problem', 'Grown Ass Kid' (unreleased)


Raleigh Ritchie - 'You're A Man Now Boy'
After listening to his 2014 'Black and Blue EP' to the point of annoyance, Raleigh Ritchie's new album slipped under my radar. It was not until he appeared as a guest on a Youtube series that it came to my attention that he finally had his first full release and wow, what an incredible debut album! The album has a great amount of depth and upon each listen a new song stands out and gets stuck in my head.
Best songs: 'You're A Man Now Boy', 'Never Say Die', 'The Chased'


The Last Shadow Puppets - 'Everything You've Come to Expect'
The Last Shadow Puppets new album took me a few listens to finally got into it but despite it's disappointment there are at least a few really good tracks on the record. On it's own it is an alright album, however when compared to their 2008 debut album, 'The Age Of The Understatement', 'Everything You've Come to Expect' pales in comparison.
Favourite Songs: 'Sweet Dreams, TN', 'The Bourne Identity'


Kanye West - 'The Life of Pablo'
I could dedicate a whole post to this album, however, in order to keep it brief, despite a few questionable production choices at certain points of the album 'The Life of Pablo' is currently my favourite album of the year... so far!
Favourite Songs: 'Ultralight Beam', 'Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1', 'Famous', 'Highlights', 'Real Friends', '30 Hours'


Luke T.

Related Articles

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Instagram